Logo

1984 mercury 50 hp 4 cyc.

ycart

Trying to find the right coil for this motor. My # 3 coil is bad. switched coils to test. Mercury marine site shows i need coil 339-7370A13. I ordered one off amazon. It was too thick to fit in the cap that covers all 4 coils. Plus (made in china). I read here or somewhere that someone had the same problem with it not fitting. They gave a different coil number. But i cant find it again.Any help would be appreciated.

My coil is good,but #3 cyclinder is not firing. So guessing it's either switch box or trigger. Any thoughts? I am off work for 11 days of fishing and need it fixed before next friday. Can not get it to a shop till next year. I can replace either myself. Will order what i need. Any ideas. Also sometimes after it runs awhile it will fix its self. After it warms up it will run fine. But not everytime.

Oh! One of those, eh? I did one once on a twin cyl and it was the switch box. Fired spark when hot, but not cold. Used a hair drier to isolate the problem. Now go get some fish, brother.

Back