Logo

Spark plug helli coil

rghatton

" I don't know if I have &

" I don't know if I have "helli coil" spelled right or not However I have a 1968...85 hp Evinrude and I noticed oil on the head that seemed to be coming from the spark plug. I changed the plugs on this motor last year with no problem, However this time when I took the # 4 plug out the helli coil came out with it(I didn't know it was in there) I can screw it back in with the plug but I want to put new plugs in. Any suggestions? This motor has between 115 and 125 lbs compression on all cylinders so I think it's worth repairing. Is it a big job putting a new head on and would parts be available? If so are they expensive?
Thanks for any help you can give me on this

Ralph "

There should be lots of used

There should be lots of used heads around . A used head and new gasket should be no more than $ 50 . What is your location ?

" Ralph, Helicoils are a great

" Ralph, Helicoils are a great repair,they are used on new gas turbines because they are stronger then a standard thread and once installed they can be easily removed and replaced without retapping. Just don't try to put a tap in one or you will have a mess. "

" Also if need be you can also

" Also if need be you can also fix with a fix called Time-Sert, a bit more price, but well worth it. You can locate these kits from a company named WURTH. "

Back