Logo

What year is she

C

Callison

I have a 5 1/2 hp Johnson Sea

I have a 5 1/2 hp Johnson Sea Horse model CD-12 serial # 1292107. Anybody know what year it is and how much it may be worth? I also need to know how to adjust the low idle and hi speed mix screws. Thanks

" I'm having trouble with

" I'm having trouble with cold starting a Mariner 40 HP outboard engine. Not sure the year but previous owner beleives it's a 1991. It has remote throttle controls,electric start and remote gas tank. It starts up on the second crank with the choke fully engaged runs for 10 seconds and stalls (choke still on). It then takes about 40 cranks to start again and this time it runs forever. No trouble ever running warm. A few times I have had sucess starting cold by pushing the choke right it after starting and it stayed running but this doesn't always work. I'm not sure if I'm running out of gas after the intial start or I'm flooding the engine by to much choke ? "

"Greg,
You should scroll to t

"Greg,
You should scroll to the bottom of the Outboard Category and click the "start new converstion" button for a question on a new topic like yours.

Callison,
A Johnson CD-12 is a 1955 7.5HP motor. We have an index of the model numbers of the early Johnson motors online
I don't know what it is worth... a lot depends on condition.
Hopefully someone else can help you with the idle mix settings.
Regards,
Andrew"

" I have just obtained an old

" I have just obtained an old EVINRUDE outboard from a house clearance auction. There is not much information about it except the serial number on the mounting bracket 49B6B B 6236 and on the crank case is another set of numbers 41B36D B09353. The unit is 2 cylinders, 4000 - 5000 revs, pull start, white tank on top and uses 50:1 fuel.

I am looking for the year of manuafacture and the HP. Can anyone help please. "

" FURTHER TO MY LAST POSTING,

" FURTHER TO MY LAST POSTING, I HAVE AMENDED THE MESSAGE TO INCLUDE MORE NUMBERS.

I have just obtained an old EVINRUDE outboard from a house clearance auction. There is not much information about
it except the serial number 49B6B B 6236 which is on the mouning block, and the number 41B36D B 09353 which is on tjhe engine casing. It is 2 cylinders, 4000 - 5000 revs, pull start, white tank on top and uses 50:1 fuel.

I am looking for the year of manufacture and the HP

Could you help me please.

Lynton Weeks
Manchester
England (Europe) "

" Lynton,

Hmmm.....

If

" Lynton,

Hmmm.....

If the model number primary numbers are "49B6" then it would be a 4HP 1969.

If the model number is "41B36" it is 4HP 1971.

.... maybe Joe or another old Evinrude expert will have some additional insight... (maybe I shouldn't say "old Evinrude expert" but instead "expert on old Evinrudes"... no offense intended!!!!)

Regards,
Andrew "

"Callison.... CD-12 indicates

"Callison.... CD-12 indicates your engine is a 1955 5.5hp Johnson. Adjust the carburetor as follows:

(Carburetor Adjustments - Two Adjustable N/Vs)

Initial settings are: Bottom high speed = seat gently, then open 1 turn out. Top slow speed = seat gently, then open 1-1/2 turns.

Setting the high and low needle valves properly:

(High Speed) Start engine (it will run pretty rough), shift into forward gear, take up to full throttle. In segments of 1/8 turn, waiting for the engine to respond between turns, start turning in the bottom high speed needle valve. You'll reach a point whereas the engine will either start to die out or spit back (sounds like a mild backfire). At that point, back out the needle valve 1/4 turn. Within that 1/4 turn, you'll find the smoothest setting.

(Low Speed) Slow the engine down to where it just stays running. Shift into neutral. Again in segments of 1/8 turns, start to turn the top needle valve in. Wait a few seconds for the engine to respond. As you turn the valve in, the rpms will increase. Lower the rpms again to where the engine will just stay running. Eventually you'll hit the point where the engine wants to die out or it will spit back. Again, at that point, back out the valve 1/4 turn. Within that 1/4 turn, you'll find the smoothest slow speed setting.

When you have finished the above adjustments, you will have no reason to move them again unless the carburetor fouls/gums up from sitting, in which case you would be required to remove, clean, and rebuild the carburetor anyway.

Joe
"

"need some help finding out wh

"need some help finding out what year my motor is. It's a westbend/chrysler 9.0 H.P . Modle #9503 ser.#c2564. I would like to find a repair/tune up manuel for it but need to know year of manufacture in order to get the rigth one. If anyone can help please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks Dave"

"Dave,
That is a 1965 motor.

"Dave,
That is a 1965 motor.
I have a parts and service manual for it if you need them. Send me an email if you do.
Regards,
Andrew Menkart
MarineEngine.com"

" i have a 1989 mariner 60hp w

" i have a 1989 mariner 60hp with dual carbs.
someone messed with my carb and now i need to adjust the carb back, can anyone tell me the settings

margaret "

Back