Logo

Removed floorboards, unlimited possibilities!

Functionalfool

I have a 19ft deck boat and I ripped up every floor board. Before I start rebuilding the boat I want to ask advice on what kind of things I should run. Should I run a usb and/or dc power to the bow? Planning to run a power cable for a camera. I've never owned a boat so I'm mostly just thinking what might be nice. Can you guys please tell me what WILL be nice?

Maybe wire for electric anchor?

Last edited:
Should I run a usb and/or dc power to the bow? Planning to run a power cable for a camera. I've never owned a boat so I'm mostly just thinking what might be nice.

Ayuh,..... Wirin' is usually added to a nearly completely assembled hull, other than most of the trim/ finish panels,......

You can run cables to the bow, then a fuse box, 'n buss bar to wire all the stuff ya think ya need in the bow, that runs on battery power,.....

Best way to start is map out yer needs,.... what appliances, where, that need to be wired to where, 'n from where,......

Just install the electrical conduit to the areas you may want to upgrade later so you can fish wires through at your convenience. Are you gonna use pouring foam for floatation? The grey pvc with long turn 90s will make pulling wires super easy. Lay the new deck down then cut some 2 inch holes for pouring the foam and glass over everything.

Back