PDA

View Full Version : where do I ask questions for some forum navigation help?

centerline
08-12-2017, 11:19 AM
im not sure if there is anyone actively running this site, but I have posted this question in other, seemingly more appropriate forums here, but it obviously isnt getting seen by anyone who can help me...

I have searched for a place to ask a question to get some help on navigating the forums/threads but I cannot find it anywhere.
I can see the "forum rules, announcements & help" forum, but there is no "post new topic" button, so there is no way to ask what I want to know and so it does me very little good....

is there a place on this site where a user can ask for help?

what I want to know is, where is the link to take me to my content or postings that I have made in the past?... I have asked a question 3 days ago (I have been waiting for and answer to this message, so its been several days ago now!) on a forum about my motor, and now after looking many times thru many pages of the forum that I thought I posted it, I still cant find it....

other forum sites have a link in the users profile area to locate all the content they posted in the past, but I cant find one here.... how is locating my past content accomplished on this site? Thank you

sandkicker
08-12-2017, 12:08 PM
Click on <my profile>

<My Activity> which is the usual default will contain all your posts.

<My Profile> is towards the top of this page towards the right on the dark blue bar "(below the Orange banner) that starts with
<f Connect> <Welcome>

Bt Doctur
08-12-2017, 02:08 PM
on the section you are in , say mercruiser sterndrive you wil see in the upper left "post new topic"
go to forum home, click the area /section you want to be in , click on it and in the upper left you will see post new topic

centerline
08-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Click on <my profile>

<My Activity> which is the usual default will contain all your posts.

<My Profile> is towards the top of this page towards the right on the dark blue bar "(below the Orange banner) that starts with
<f Connect> <Welcome>

Got it! Thank you....

centerline
08-14-2017, 11:33 AM
on the section you are in , say mercruiser sterndrive you wil see in the upper left "post new topic"
go to forum home, click the area /section you want to be in , click on it and in the upper left you will see post new topic

I can find where to post a new topic, but I could not find a topic/thread starter that I had already posted... Capt Bobs answer got me to where I wanted to go..... Thanks