Logo

Johnson Endavour 35 hp problems

T

Thor Brønlund

My 4 year old Johnson vill no

My 4 year old Johnson vill not run properly. It started with one sylinder falling out wven trying to increase speed slowly. When throtling on fyll fast everything was OK. I then changed spark pluggs and everything worked fine.
Later on it stopped during idle/slow speed. Now it stops after aprox 1 min wen hot. This ocures on every speed.

" Sounds like the fuel filter

" Sounds like the fuel filter may be plugged. If you remove it, you should be able to blow through it with very little resistance (near that of a drinking straw). Any more than this usually indicates that the filter is blocked.
Dirty gas (lots of particulate matter) tends to accumulate in the tank side of the filter, this often blocks the filter completly after a short time of running. When gas drains back out of the line, it then frees the filter enough to let the engine start and run for a while.
When there is too little fuel, the engine will, of course, not run. But if it is just barely short on fuel, it will run ragged or itnermitently. The new spark plugs probably helped by making the engine able to operate on a less than ideal mixture of fuel to air. "

Back