Logo

oil injection buzzer

chuckster 61

My buzzer goes off and I refill the oil tank. Now the buzzer goes off all the time randomly. Sometimes it is really quite buzzing other times it is regular load but the oil tank is full! Is the float sw bad? Is the float sw replaceable without replacing the tank?

I had a similar problem on my 200 a while back. I am not sure what motor you have as I believe that up to 125 the motors are fed from a tank on the motor and then 135's (V6's upwards) have one tank in the boat and one on the motor.

On mine there were two problems.

1) I ran the tank in the boat empty and this led to the tank on the motor being lowered quite a bit as well. When I refilled the tank in the boat it fed the tank on the motor but did not "fill" it enough and as such the buzzer kept going off when I hit a wave or turned too sharply. To cure this I let the motor idle and opened the cap on the tank for the motor slightly. This let air out of this tank and level began to rise, when it started to just overflow I tightened this down again. It's important to know that this entire system is driven off vacuum/pressure so having it airtight when running the boat is very important.

2) From years of usage the wires on the upper tank had worn and would periodically short out (This happened at a different time to problem 1) I separated them and heat shrinked them from the top of the switch and this cured that problem.

Let me know if this helps.

what i read in the book follow the wires off oil tank, ck wires with ohm meter, you should NOT have continuity, if u do then oil switch inside tank is defective,

Back