Logo

Shut off for1988 Yachtwin 8 HP

I was recently given a sailboat with a 1988 Yachtwin 8 HP kicker - Model E8SRLCDE. It starts and runs well. Two questions: (1) How do I kill it? The only way I can stop it is to choke it down as I don't see a kill switch and it keeps running with the throttle full to the right. (2) I'd like to get an owners manual but I can't find for a model ending in "CDE". What will be the equivalent manual?
Thanks,
Mark

I was recently given a sailboat with a 1988 Yachtwin 8 HP kicker - Model E8SRLCDE. It starts and runs well. Two questions: (1) How do I kill it? The only way I can stop it is to choke it down as I don't see a kill switch and it keeps running with the throttle full to the right. (2) I'd like to get an owners manual but I can't find for a model ending in "CDE". What will be the equivalent manual?
Thanks,
Mark

That's the model number for 1986 ( CD = date letters for '86) a 1988 model would have CC as the date letters

In either case the stop button is on the end of the tiller handle, combined with the idle speed adjustment knob. Just the same as my '84 Yachtwin
The '88 model will also incorporate a safety lanyard.

Keep looking on ebay for a manual but the only sure way of getting the right one is from Ken Cook Co at https://www.outboardbooks.com/ where it will cost you a good few beer tokens ($47 for the owners manual, $101 for the service manual)

Maybe Marine Engine can supply ?

Rats . Sorry only just noticed the date of the original post!

Back