Logo

PROLINE 190 Questions about fuel access

REELHAPPINESS

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just got a 1990 proline 190, great solid hull but towards the rear of the fuel access hatch the previous owner drilled screws on it and it does feel spongy. My question is, how do I open this hatch? Seems like it has what seems to be some sort of silicon I'm guessing, do I cut this along the edges then lift up on it?? Where do I get a replacement hatch? I'm pretty sure that the wood on the hatch is rotten but everywhere else seems pretty solid.

Anyone have experience with this little boat? I like the lines of the boat and I'm ready to redo the inside and paint the exterior but need to get that little situation fixed first. I bought a used t-top from a 20 proline and just placed on the deck for fitment and seems to line up pretty darn close. Was there a difference in consoles from the 19 to the 20? Thanks for all the help, will be asking much more questions I'm sure of it...

My question is, how do I open this hatch? Seems like it has what seems to be some sort of silicon I'm guessing, do I cut this along the edges then lift up on it?? Where do I get a replacement hatch? I'm pretty sure that the wood on the hatch is rotten but everywhere else seems pretty solid.

Ayuh,.... I donno Yer boat, but I've done alota work on alota hulls,....

Ya do whatever ya gotta do to repair the situation,...
If ya got a removeable panel, take it out, 'n do a repair on it from below, 'n stuff it back into the hull,....
As, No, ya can't go buy replacement pieces like a car, ya repair, rebuild, or out right replace whatever's busted, with whatever ya need to fix the hull,...
Curved windshields are the worst thing on a boat,....
Once busted, replacement are generally impossible to find,...
Flat glass ya can have cut, 'n tempered,... Then ya gotta tear the frame apart to put in the new glass,.....

My guess is, yer panel just needs some plywood, glass, 'n resin to make like new again,....

Back