Logo

Problems with tilt and trim 1994 mercury 40hp

Fruesky

Hi everyone Iam having some problems with my tilt and trim.. It seems really slow to me from other boats that I have had. I just drained and put new fluid in. It takes almost 65 seconds to raise the motor all the way up and 25 seconds to put it down. I have two videos Iam going to try to upload. Motor serial number is 0g012715 and only number I can find on tilt and trim is 13222

Last edited:
Is battery fully charged? All pos. + neg. connections clean and tight on battery,trim solenoids,relays,etc. There is the possibility of excessive corrosion internally in wiring harness, Try a voltage drop test from battery to trim motor,

Battery is fully charged everything has checked out good.have not did the voltage drop test will do tomorrow. Thank you for the response!! Did the videos work for you?

Sorry it's took so long to get back. Finally tore in to it. Took tilt and trim motor off cleaned brushes and magnets. Ran all new wire. Flushed the system and it is running slot smoother and faster. There is a leak around the ram. We will see how hard it is to fix that!

Back