Logo

Please advice on homemade dive plateform can I JB cold weld glue

TheBrain

Regular Contributor
[h=3]Please advice on homemade dive plateform can I JB cold weld glue[/h]
by Steve the Brain » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:40 am
Please advice on homemade dive plateform can I JB cold weld glue

I’ve bolted and revited diamondplate though the tube it stiffenes up the diamond plate.

I currentely have one triangle surport second isn’t pictured, even though the cut triangle is grinded smooth I’ll bend it over.

Will be bending a tube grab handle then bolt top to transome cap bottom bolts the plate.

Sinces it is already very sturdie curious if I can get away using I JB cold weld glue to smooth over inbetween plate and tube and probablley glue where I bend over the triangles?

designed this to hold a extra large cooler w/ around 200Lbs of fish ice, or a upto 19 gallon external fuel tank, will be used to hold catch retrial stuff when diving.
Thanks

Attachments

• DIVE PLATEFOM done1p.jpg
    DIVE PLATEFOM done1p.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DIVE PLATEFOM done5.jpg
    DIVE PLATEFOM done5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 44
Couldnt you just put in a box covered with fiberglass to add floatation back there that way you can box in the extension at the same time. Then you can screw the diamond plate to the platform and have plenty of strength?

please image of fiberglass coving aluimin

I'm now thinking of packing under DP w floation

Sinces it is already very sturdie curious if I can get away using I JB cold weld glue to smooth over inbetween plate and tube and probablley glue where I bend over the triangles?

I should have mensioned that I'm installing the natic planner plates so hoppefulley I will get to run WOT at over 53Knt.s

currentely she's a tad unstable at high speed.

Last edited:
Back