Logo

1996 Honda bf50

ER2RUL

Hello
I am new and nead help. I just byed an used Honda bf50 from 1996
sparks, olie, impeller, fuel filter, olie filter chanced.
my problem is at the engine will not pass 3000 rpm with ful load.

it comes up at 6000 rpm in free gear

When I put the ignition on the lamps in the remote control is not lit

Are you getting sparks to all 3 cylinders? try at idle to remove spark plug caps 1 at a time (then replace) you should hear a change of note in the motors running sound. Other than that is the fuel bulb horisontal (up & down) it should be as close to horisontal as possible to functon properly. Can you pump the bulb while trying to run at WOT the bulb should be pretty hard, if you can pump it do you come up in RPM. If it is none of these things you may have dirty carbs but its best to start wth the basics.
With your lights you should have green oil pressure light once the motor is running, thinking about it this may well be the root cause of your problem in that if the ECM sees that the oil pressure is low your motor should go in safe mode and you will only get 3000 RPM from your motor. If you have no Green light look up 'BF50A LRTA no warning lights' in the search feature in his forum 'Hondadude' has a good detailed how to do there that helped me out. Good luck.

Dean

Yes I get sparks to all 3 cylinders. Carbs cleaned with spray ( don't now if that is good anof)
but there is still no light in the remote control
I searched at " bf50a lrta now warning light"
I think its in safety mode.
I disconnected the yellow lead when engine was running still no light.

That does sound a bit strange with the wire off 'no ground' there is no reason for your motor to believe that oil pressure is abnormal and therefore go into safe mode.
the only thing I can now think of is if the yellow wire has been nicked or damaged where it could now be giving the ECM a ground signal from somewhere else.
Maybe you should check the yellow for continuity with a good earth point on your motor block or maybe check the remote unit to see that all is ok.
Other than that I'm shooting in the dark as apart from the ECM telling you that it's safe mode time it's a very basic circuit.
if you need a drawing it's easy to find on boatinfo dot no.
good luck & let us know how you get on.
Dean.

the problem is solved.I have checked the wiring and found out that the lamp for oil pressure does not work . I have installed a new part of the remote.cleaning karburators with spray is not working.I have disassembled and cleaned the carb thoroughly.has been out and try it and it works perfectly
Many thanks for your answer

the problem is solved.
I have checked the wiring and found out that the lamp for oil pressure does not work .
I have installed a new part of the remote.
cleaning karbutatore with spray is not working��
I have disassembled and cleaned the carb thoroughly.
has been out and try it and it works perfectly
many thanks for your answer

Good on ya mate.
Just out of interest what part on the remote did you change. It may well be of help to others/ myself in the future.
You must be pleased, it sounds like you have done a nice bit of fail finding and solved the problem.
Happy sailing.
Dean.

Thanks.
I chanced the light unit. I'm happy now it was just the carburators it was simply to clean and now is everything fine

Back