Logo

Honda 2HP outboard won't start

goeckel48328

I have a 2006 Honda 4 cycle (I think - it has a sticker that says it meets 2006 emissions) 2 HP outboard. 3 weeks ago I started it with no issues. Yesterday I went to start it before I put my boat in and it won’t start. It almost seems like it isn’t getting a spark. When I take the plug out and rest it against the card no spark. I got a new plug and still won’t start. Can the ignition go just like that? Could it be some sort of corrosion somewhere? The engine has been in my garage laying the correct way on the floor. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I have the same motor. Are you sure that:

1. The gas is fresh and the fuel line lever is open
2. The choke is out
3. You are holding the throttle handle beyond idle speed

I have a 2006 Honda 4 cycle (I think - it has a sticker that says it meets 2006 emissions) 2 HP outboard. 3 weeks ago I started it with no issues. Yesterday I went to start it before I put my boat in and it won’t start. It almost seems like it isn’t getting a spark. When I take the plug out and rest it against the card no spark. I got a new plug and still won’t start. Can the ignition go just like that? Could it be some sort of corrosion somewhere? The engine has been in my garage laying the correct way on the floor. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Back