Logo

Heated Oxygen Sensor - PN Help

I'm looking for someone that knows the Part Number of the O2 Sensor that is part of the 2006 BF225 upgrade

I believe the service bulletin is 71

The kit Part # is 06356-ZY3-325

I don't need the entire kit just the O2 Sensor. The kit is like $950.

For completeness the engine frame # is BF225 BAGJ-1402342

Sorry, didn't know it changed. Just going off an older invoice on boat repair and that was the part they replaced on my 2007.

If you have the updated ecm (ends A04) then the new sensor is 35655-ZY3-C01. But check visually as apparently the older sensor can still be used with the newer ECM - easy check, older sensor is 22mm spanner and newer one is 14mm.

Oh, and it's sb#70

If you have the updated ecm (ends A04) then the new sensor is 35655-ZY3-C01. But check visually as apparently the older sensor can still be used with the newer ECM - easy check, older sensor is 22mm spanner and newer one is 14mm.

Oh, and it's sb#70

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. Yes the newer O2 has a smaller wrench, as part of the retrofit they put in a bushing. You could try to change it out and put the old PN in but the ECM doesn't like it. Or at least the ECM installed with the SB70 change registers an O2 sensor fault when I put in the older O2 P/N.

SB70 calls for the bushing to be fitted with a loctite type glue - I'm not sure removing it is the best move. That said my local dealer (here in the UK) quoted me the equivalent of $45 for a new 013 sensor (had to check twice but that's what the 'puter was saying) and much much more for a c01 :(

Or at least the ECM installed with the SB70 change registers an O2 sensor fault when I put in the older O2 P/N
That's interesting..... my [new to me] boat is 100 miles away and I've not looked at which sensor I have (although I have the newer ECM). I'm getting what sounds like an O2 sensor failure so I want to order a new sensor from boats.net but wanted to check what sensor was fitted first. Maybe I'll just order the newer one without looking first.

That's interesting..... my [new to me] boat is 100 miles away and I've not looked at which sensor I have (although I have the newer ECM). I'm getting what sounds like an O2 sensor failure so I want to order a new sensor from boats.net but wanted to check what sensor was fitted first. Maybe I'll just order the newer one without looking first.

Learn from my mistake. I called my local Honda rep and bought the -013 sensor by supplying the SN only and as with most electronics once it's out of the box and installed they won't take it back. If you have the -C01 sensor installed (14mm spanner) and the new ECM you should order that one. I spoke to a Honda Tech at the boat yard and he was the one who stated the ECM is not compatible but he wasn't able to identify the P/N based on the retrofit kit P/N.

BTW... The bushing comes out pretty easy. If they're using some form of High Temp locktite it's not that good.

So am I right in saying that your O2 sensor failed, Honda rep gave you the 013 part # which you fitted (after removing the 22mm - 14mm adapter?) and the ECM threw an error straight away?

Honda rep was right in a way - he just didn't ask you which ECM you had.

Back