Logo

Flybridge volt gauges screwed up after alternator rebuild

CALICABO

Help please :) This may seem like a stupid question but who do I get to fix the gauges on my flybridge panel? A boat engine electrician or my regular marine electrician who installs my stereo & Garmin or??? I am not electronically minded and have a good Cat mechanic for my 35' Cabo Flybridge. He just fixed the alternator on Port engine after I insisted there was a problem because panel gauge showed 12volts for Port engine on startup, when Stbd engine showed 14.... Ok, so $900 later with a rebuilt port alternator reinstalled, panel gauge only shows 13 volts when alternator is actually putting out 14. But the REAL issue is now the Stbd volt gauge shows "0" even when the engine is started. My Cat mechanic said he doesn't do gauge repairs and no referral?? No one seems to be able to tell me who to hire and fishing season is approaching. I can't hit the ocean with bum gauges :( I so appreciate replies. Thank you

Get your marine electrician to check it out. Your Stbd gauge maybe bad or the alternator may not be putting out.

Last edited:
Back