Logo

'05 BF 50 Tilt n Trim removed

RLI01

Hi All

I have a 05 BF 50

the T n T was leaking oil on the water and struggling I removed it for repair ( more on that at a later date)

I was hoping to use the boat (Jon Boat ) in the mean time without the T n T but the engine will not start not a peep

Do I need to rewire or connect something when I removed the T n T I unplugged 4 connections 5 wires in all.

I do not know much about electronics but can assume I have interrupted the electric circuit some how

any ideas

many thanks

Simon

If you disconnected the battery, make sure you connected the cables to the correct posts and that they are very tight.

If you reversed the connections.....you would have blown the fuse on the motor.....nothing will happen without it.

Also, look back into the area of the of big plug that you disconnected and see if you disconnected something else. (I know that is probably obvious).

The motor should run with the trim unit disconnected. However, the motor will kick up when you put it into reverse....nothing to hold it down. You could strap it in some way.

If you get power to the gauges, also make sure that the motor is in neutral. Move your shifter back and forth....the switch might be a little off.

Just some thoughts...

Mike

Back