Logo

GM 57ltr engine ski boat

D

Drew Smith

Need to locate #1 on distribu

Need to locate #1 on distributor cap firing order is 18436572 have tried regular 350 specs but doesnt work can you help?

"You can start with any pole i

"You can start with any pole in the distributor cap as long as you set the #1 piston to TDC on compression stroke, align the rotor to that pole and install the wire. Set the cap on the distributor, pick a pole for the #1 cylinder and mark the side of the distributor body directly below the cap pole. Use this mark to align the rotor.

Your firing order is for a L.H. rotation engine, so the rotor will rotate clockwise as viewed from above. Just wire in each cylinder in the firing order working clockwise from the #1 pole.

Oh, and don't forget to set your timing!

"

i have a chevy 454 block# 1023

i have a chevy 454 block# 10237297.this is suppose to be 4 bolt vortec 7400 gen vi. motor year 96 & up. L-29. i'm looking for specs on this motor. is this a vortec motor? thanks

"Daniel- what kind of boat is

"Daniel- what kind of boat is it in, and is it original to that boat? If it is, contact the boat company and ask. They'll have the info. If it's an Indmar, PCM, Mercruiser, etc, they have the info and should be available online for info. If it's an Indmar motor, they'll definitely be able to help you with this."

"i am working on a 350 GM with

"i am working on a 350 GM with a mercruiser power trim leg.and i am getting coolant coming out of the rad cap,cap is rated for 16 pounds,my riser are cool to the touch,cleaned out the heat exchanger,thermostat is a 160 but the gauge reads about 180.also getting noisefrom back of engine,but sounds like coming from leg from the inside of boat."

Back