Logo

1998 Suzuki DT150 stopping after 30 minutes

reddrum

Help, I've got a 1998 Suzuki DT150. Runs great for the 1st 25/35 minutes. Up on a plane, 22/24 MPH @ approx. 3.2K RPM. Than it just Bogs down, RPM drops to about 2K. If you give it more gas, it doesn't help. Engine just struggling at 2k. If you back off the throttle, back to "Neutral". Than put engine back in gear, Zoom it takes off runs normally again. Back up on a plane, 22/24 MPH @ 3.2K RPM. But it only last 5/10 minutes before it fails again. Same Symptom, Engine bogs down to about 2K. Thought it might be a Fuel Issue. I've eliminated the Boats Tank & Fuel lines, by running the Boat on an external tank. Same failure. I've changed the Boats Spark Plugs & Fuel Filter. I've been told 2 different stories about the DT 150. The Engine has multiple Fuel filters or just 1. I only found 1, 2 fuel pumps but only 1 Filter.

sounds like a fuel pump to me. you can run till the carbs run out of fuel, then you back off the throttle fuel pump is able to fill the carbs back up then once your on the throttle again you run out of fuel. Try running at a slower speed see if it happens again. sounds like fuel pump is worn out and cant keep up with fuel demand at the speed your asking it too.

Thx, Mark but no Carbs, it's Elec Fuel Injected. I am thinkin about looking at the 2 fuel pumps that are attached to the fuel filter. But Fuel Filter was decently clean, not sure I will much difference there. There is a 3rd device that like the 2 fuel pumps. Feeds gas into the "Fuel Vapor" unit. It looks a little worn out. Guess I better get a Manual to identify that device.

Back