Logo

Question about throttle and repair manual

Andy Murray

Hello everyone, I am after a bit of advice

i have recently bought a 16 foot fibreglass half cabin. I have taken it out a few times now and have noticed that the forward throttle lever needs to be pushed a fair bit ahead before any throttle is given to accelerate. So when I move the lever out of neutral, the gears engage , as I can hear it. But I have to move the lever say another 45 to 60 degrees ahead of neutral before she takes off. There is not a lot of middle range speed, just quite quick or quite slow. I am unsure if this normal or do my cables need to be adjusted/tightened? Btw the motor seems to run real well, doesn't miss a beat especially when near full throttle, just seems to be missing a bit if mid range. Could be the age of everything too, that's why I'm asking
sorry I forgot to mention that my engine is a 1979 60 hP mariner 2 cylinder outboard
if I need to adjust the cable, would someone be kind enough to offer some guidance?

the other help I am after is I am in the search for a repair manual for this outboard. I live in Australia and having a heck of a time finding one. I would prefer an electronic copy to eliminate shipping costs

thanks a lot for you help, greatly appreciated

Back