Logo

2006 Bf135 rev limiter kicks in but no alarms go off

Seamullets

Need some help, have changed the fuel filter under the intake, the water separator on the boat, and the rev limiter was kicking in between 3500 and 4000. This past weekend I changed the oil and filter, changed the thermostats, and rebuilt the water pump, and changed the bushing in the mid section, the motor ran like brand new yesterday. I went back fishing today and the motor got stuck in gear, I cut it off and it came out of gear, fished the rest of the day no problems. I came in the inlet this afternoon and started losing rpms, so I slowed down and took off again no problem for about a 1/4 mile and the rev limiter kicks in and want let it go over 1500 rpm. I'm at wits end with it. It's got 2200 hours on it according to the tachometer. I've got a 2003 bf50 with probably 10,000 hours on it, any suggestions on what to do. No alarms are going off.

No Alarm and No red lights come on ? its seems to be a fuel problem. As i understand You have changed 2 fuel filters under the intake( low pressure and High pressure ) as well as water separator inside the boat.

like this problem one more important part you have to check,that is fuel strainer under the electric fuel pump. that might get clogged.those are the all filters related to fuel system.

wajira

There's only one filter that I see under the manifold, and there's another bulb in front of it but there's no filter in it, just a sensor it appears. Is the other one in front of the fuel pump? The motor was on the boat when I bought them last year second hand

Yes high pressure fuel filter is front of the fuel pump,fix with 3 screw cap.HP filter.jpg First replace that and try.

wajira

Wajira, Thanks I finally found it thanks to your help, I'm with ya on this one. I'm pretty sure thats what it is. Took the 3 screws out and it came right out. I'm guessing its the original one because its turned black and the top of it has started to collapse. Thanks again.

Back