Logo

7.5 mercury outboard tiller handle question?

wmila

Hi guys!
On my 7.5 hp 2 stroke outboard I use it for a kicker on my boat for trolling. The tiller handle will not stay in place when I get it to the desired speed. I am using the ez steer setup to turn the outboard with my outdrive from my main to steer the kicker. I cannot use the tiller handle to steer the kicker cause the motor is down to far when in the water. Watching it, it seems from the vibration of the little engine running makes the tiller handle throttle down so I can not maintain my desired trolling speed. Is there a fix to this? Please any help would be appreciated thanks!!! The serial # for the motor is 2633432.

Some of those had an adjusting knob t the end of the handle. Apparently, yours does not.

If that's a magneto ignition motor, you might try tightening down on the 4 bolts that clamp the mag plate down. They are 5/16 wrench size as I recall.

Jeff

Some of those had an adjusting knob t the end of the handle. Apparently, yours does not.

If that's a magneto ignition motor, you might try tightening down on the 4 bolts that clamp the mag plate down. They are 5/16 wrench size as I recall.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff I'll give a shot. I'm a little unclear about where the mag plate is though?

Back