Logo

please help Mercury Remote controll 4000 side mount

Trfishin

Hello Im looking for any help I have a new 2015 Alumacraft boat with a Merc 150 4 stroke motor on it Im Trying to figure out how to tighten up the shift Handle. The shifter handle is starting to get sloppy/ loose. The shifter I have on it is an RC 881170A13 Rev R S/R =1399 says 09/22/2014 on the bottom of the shifter assembly. I have taken the small center plastic cover off it has a really small bolt in the middle of it but theres no way to get on to it to tighten it up. From what i can see it looks like i need to get the shifter assembly opened up to tighten it up from the inside? Is that right?

The other Problem i have is the 3 big Phillips head screws that hold the whole assembly together and mount it to the side of my boat wont come out? I can try to unscrew each of those 3 screws and it will never loosen up and release it from the side of the boat? can anyone Please help me out Im wanting to get my dad back out on the water as soon as we can but im a little nervous that the shifter handle is getting to loose it wiggles side to side more and more each trip out. the controls are all working ok but I Sure dont want to have any problems on the water if I can help it. This is a new boat and the nearest dealer is 3 hours away and it takes them a long time to get things done. any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You

The other Problem i have is the 3 big Phillips head screws that hold the whole assembly together and mount it to the side of my boat wont come out? I can try to unscrew each of those 3 screws and it will never loosen up and release it from the side of the boat?

Ayuh,... Reach up in-behind the panel, there's nuts on the ends of the screws,....

With a Brand New boat, I'd bring it back to the Dealer,....

Back