Logo

Excessive White smoke and oil pressure drop

sschaller

I have a 2007 Tige wakeboard boat with a GM 350 engine. This weekend as we were driving up river I noticed the oil pressure gauge drop instantly and my boat start to lose power. I turned off the engine just as the oil warning sound came on and put the throttle to neutral. I noticed smoke coming from under the cover of the engine and when I removed the oil dipstick, some smoke was coming out of there as well. I let the boat sit for an hour and started it again. I noticed excessive white smoke coming from the exhaust under the water but the oil gauge and temperature gauge were reading fine. I throttled up to 2000 RPM then 3000 RPM when I noticed the oil gauge dip again and just as my boat was about to die I turned it the engine off. There was no smoke coming from the engine compartment only the exhaust. I was able to drive it back to the docks at 2000 RPM with no faultering of the oil gauge or temperature gauge but A LOT of smoke coming from the exhaust. people thought my boat was on fire. I looked into the engine compartment and again no smoke, only from the exhaust.......Any ideas on what this could be???? Scott

Back