Logo

Mercury FORCE Model 9081745 Serial No1475 looking for year of mfg

steve

Contributing Member
Maybe someone can help me. I

Maybe someone can help me. I have a mercury FORCE motor Model No: 9081745 with a serial number of 1475. the problem I have is that I'm getting diffent dates at to when this motor was made. some say it a 1986 soem say it's a 1985 could you please help me in getting the correct date of this motor. Thank You

Steve . (trying to find a date!!!)

" Steve,

What is the horsep

" Steve,

What is the horsepower of your engine?

Tony "

Tony its an 85 hp. There is o

Tony its an 85 hp. There is only one person that I can find in Rhode Island that works on Force motors and this man does not know the date of this motor. The reason that Im asking is because this motor has not been used much and is in excellent condition. If I can find the correct date I would like to get a trim & tilt for it. I hope this information will help you Tony. Thank You
Steve

" Steve,

The Force 85hp was

" Steve,

The Force 85hp was sold from 1983 to 1989. The power trim/tilt models began in 1987.

I looked through all serial numbers and they all begin with 85---- except for one variation which begins C85----.

The model numbers all begin HO85----.

Either you are looking at the wrong numbers or the tag is from another engine.

Most of the models use the same trim/tilt mechanism. The original pump/motor assembly is no longer available, but Quicksilver offers a conversion kit which adapts the Force motor to accept a standard Mercury pump/motor. It comes with new hydraulic lines and new solonoids and wiring. I believe the price is about $425 for everything, and you would have to unbolt the engine mounting bracket in order to install the kit. The part number for the kit is 853515A1.

I would advise you to make a postiive identification of the model before ordering any parts.

I will try to find some identifying feature which would enable you to make a positive ID.

Tony "

Tony thank you for all your h

Tony thank you for all your help. I will check out the motor more closely in an attempt to find he correct numbers. I'm very thankful for the info on the tilt&trim but I do not know what a quicksilevr is. I will write again when I find the right numbers. thanks again Tony. Steve

" Steve,

Quicksilver is the

" Steve,

Quicksilver is the brand name that Mercury uses for all of their accessories and parts.

Tony "

Back