Logo

Attaching seat mounts

Waterspud

Hi all, I've got a fibreglass boat and I want to install new seats and mounts. It's mainly going to be a fishing boat and what is the best way to attach to the floor? Thanks

there are a lot of seat mounts that will work including that one...he problem is getting the bolts into a runner or something that they wont pull out of on the pedestal...especially on the floor of the boat....try to find a runner for at least a couple of the bolts....if you have a raised deck on the bow use bolts and washers and nuts...you are always going to have that guy that will stress test it for you...

there are a lot of seat mounts that will work including that one...he problem is getting the bolts into a runner or something that they wont pull out of on the pedestal...especially on the floor of the boat....try to find a runner for at least a couple of the bolts....if you have a raised deck on the bow use bolts and washers and nuts...you are always going to have that guy that will stress test it for you...
I want to stay away from putting holes in floor. I was thinking of fibreglassing pieces of 1-1/2" wood to the floor and screwing to that. My boat has a flat floor not sure if that is the actual bottom of the boat?

Back