Logo

1973 Ranger Bass Boat - Repaint or.....Truck Bed Liner?

Nytecall

1973 Bass boat, a buddy of mine should up at work the other day in the Barracks parking lot with his 16ft Bass Boat freshly coated in Truck Bed liner, he did a single layer on the entire hull of the boat. He had already put it in the lake and said didn't really notice any change as far as drag or weight was conerned. Just wondering thoughts from the forum on this idea I'm considering doing it in the next few weeks, as I was planning on repainting the hull anyhow.

i would wait and see how his holds up under the flexing that a hull does with certain water conditions.. just my opinion...

I've seen a few of the "at home" bed liner kits start flaking within 6 months. Lotta prep work to do it right. Also, you cant tell me that the textured surface doesnt increase drag. If you do it, repost on how well it goes. If it was me, I wouldnt try to reinvent the wheel.

I've seen a few of the "at home" bed liner kits start flaking within 6 months. Lotta prep work to do it right. Also, you cant tell me that the textured surface doesnt increase drag. If you do it, repost on how well it goes. If it was me, I wouldnt try to reinvent the wheel.

This guy used a premium mix so it is very smooth but i'm gonna go this season without painting and take a look at his when we store them for the winter. He offered to let me use what he has left over, so i made go ahead and test it out on some portions of the deck, maybe just the helm and see how it holds.

Back