Logo

Oil pressure sender

cw.abeljr

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I have recently purchased a 1985 Shamrock boat with a Yanmar 4LHA-STE engine. I have noticed since using it a couple times that the oil pressure is dropping into the red area on the gauge at low RPM(below 1000 RPM) after the engine reaches operating temp. I believe that the oil pressure is fine as I am getting no noises or lifter tapping. Oil level is good. Also the low oil pressure warning light and warning horn are not coming on. I really think that the oil pressure sending unit is causing this problem with the electrical resistance breaking down after getting hot.... My problem is I can't find any info on the sending unit to give a part number so that I can order a new sender. The boat has the Yanmar panel on the dash which has Tach, water temp, and oil pressure gauges plus the warning lights.

Does anyone know the part number for this sending unit? Or is there a Company around the Maryland area which would be a good place to check for it. It seems that Yanmar parts are few and far between in this area.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Back