Logo

Please help me joe

joshua

" This is what is going on. M

" This is what is going on. Me and one of my friends had a couple of old engines that didn't work, so we tried to take both of them which one is a 1976 85 hp eveinrude and the other is a 74' 115 evinrude. So we were going to take both of them and see if we could get one that worked. so we changed the rings in the 115 powerhead and used it. What happened was we put the wrong crankcase on it we put the one from the 85 will this affect it in any way? Well the compression is 90 across the board is this good? What else happened was when i put the stator back on and put the flywheel on it was alot harder to turn the flywheel. I noticed that it was rubbing aginst the stator. Have you heard of this before?
Well any way it started to turn easier and i was able to start it and it ran rather good on the flushette. Then it wouldn't start so i changed the power pack with a used one and it ran good agine, but when i put it in the water it wouldn't idle and didn't have much power and didn't go that fast.So i took it out and changed the carbs from the 85hp to the 115hp carbs. I have the 115 power head on and i had the 85 carbs on it so i changed them to the 115 carbs and it didn't solve anything. So i cleaded the carbs really well and took out every jet and cleaned them too. I am still at the same problem, but now i think the power pack has failed agine but it has spark but it won't start it just turns over like it is going to start, but it dosen't. Can you please help me out as this is very aggrevating. "

"Joshua.... Sorry but I'm

"Joshua.... Sorry but I'm afraid that there's nothing I can do for you. When one starts to tear down two different hp and model engines, switching different carburetors etc around, one has to know exactly what they're doing.

Not meaning to insult your intelligence with the above statement. I just have to stress the fact that it's impossible for me to know what components are internal and externally applied to the engine, what settings may be different peratining to timing, scnchronizationc, etc etc.

However, I do wish you luck in what you're attempting to do. I can only advise that you go back into the engine and rather than have a mixture of say a 115hp powerhead and using 85hp carburetors.... keep everything at one hp level.

Joe
"

Joe i have a leak in my lower

Joe i have a leak in my lower unit I have been running it for about a year trolling mostly
it consumes about a eight of a quart in six to eight hours johnson 140 87 looper it happend after I spun a prop

Back