Logo

2014 Mercury 90 ELPT Fourstroke PLEASE HELP

TripleA

Hey all,
Here Is the issue, I have talked with shop techs and even mercurys customer hotline that got me I touch with their engineers, nobody can give me an answer.

New 2014 1650 crestliner fishhawk with the Mercury 90hp Fourstroke long shaft. Right after breakin per merc specs the boat would do 41mph @ its 6000 rpm redline trimmed properly at full throttle on smooth water. The dealership ended up replacing the lower unit due to a casting defect causing the lower unit to fill with water that I found. On the new lower The part numbers match, the gear ratio is the only one available and its the original 17P blackmax prop- no knicks or dents. After getting the boat back it runs 37.5 mph @ 6000rpm but to prevent over revving the motor I either have to trim down or run at 90-95% throttle. What am I missing? What could have happened on install to cause this? For reference I have a friend with the exact boat running 42mph @6200 rpm (6000rpm redline though) The parts are confirmed and re-confirmed correct. any ideas? Its driving me nuts..... any ideas will help.

both of you have the wrong prop...neither boat should run past the redline when trimmed out properly...

Back