Logo

Repowering from 2000 50hp fourstroke to 2014/2015 90hp fourstroke

nates90

I was curious if my current gauges and throttle/steering setup would work on a 14-15 year newer mercury four stroke. I was also wondering if I will have to drill different holes in my transom? Any information would definitely help. Thanks.

Both places I talked to said the bolt holes are the exact same. One said I wouldn't need an adaptor harness for the wiring, but the other said I would. I am thinking of getting the smart craft gauges from mercury, just don't know if I will have to rewire for that.

You will probably need a wiring harness adapter at the motor end. Other than that, I believe everything else will work fine. SmartCraft gauges require a special adapter for the control/keyswitch side of the harness. As far as your transom, you will not need to drill new holes.

I got the new motor in today. I'm going to start looking it over. I looked at the Mercmonitor gauges. I think I either want one that is not NMEA 2000 or the level 1 NMEA 2000. My current fish finder and GPS is not NMEA 2000 compatible, but it would be nice to have the Mercmonitor already set up so when I upgrade to a better fishfinder......

Back