Logo

1997 150 efi

swat1018

I have a 150EFI that the gear drive for the oil injection went bad last year. I now mix my oil/fuel at 50:1. Motor has been fine and running well this way. I disconnected a couple wires at the time, believed one was for the oil reservoir alarm, the other to the oil injection alarm.

Yesterday was out fishing and went to start the motor and it wouldn't crank, and I had an alarm going off. It was a strange intermittent beep. Eventually the motor decided to start, and the siren stopped beeping. At first after the motor started the siren continued to go off. I turned it back off a time or two and then it started without any more siren. I run the boat about a 20 minute run back to the ramp and shut it off to get the truck/trailer. Went back and started the boat to load and it started, but the siren was going off again. Today just went outside and turned the key and it does the normal couple beeps and stops, the motor also cranks fine now. Not a cooling issue, indicator was squirting water and water pressure gauge also normal.

Any ideas? I'm nervous about taking it out today!

Back