Logo

Quicksilver Controls

captnmarcus

I've got a 1996 Merc 225 and the controls look like the attached pic. I think this question is a long shot, but here goes.
I replaced the handle as my tilt/trim switch was bad. When I reassembled the unit I ended up with a small spring about 5/16 dia and 5/8 long that I can not figure out where it goes?
I've got the spring behind the neutral, forward, reverse ball bearing in place and everything else but I don't know where the mystery spring should be located.
Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• Quicksilver Controls.JPG
    Quicksilver Controls.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 86
I've got a 1996 Merc 225 and the controls look like the attached pic. I think this question is a long shot, but here goes.
I replaced the handle as my tilt/trim switch was bad. When I reassembled the unit I ended up with a small spring about 5/16 dia and 5/8 long that I can not figure out where it goes?
I've got the spring behind the neutral, forward, reverse ball bearing in place and everything else but I don't know where the mystery spring should be located.
Anybody got any ideas?

Ayuh,.... My 1st thought was the detent spring, but ya got it,...

How 'bout the neutral button spring,..??

I got the neutral spring in correct. The little "bb", push arm and spring unit took some head scratching.
I saw some units on eBay with a spring between the throttle and shifter linkage? but this spring is smaller in diameter, about 5/16 diameter.
I'm sure someone has the key as to where it goes.
Thanks for the input bondo :)

Back