Logo

hey guys need help badly power issues

Iya Lopez

hey guys i have a mercury 85 hp, something like that in the picture i think they call it a blue band or thunderbolt. im having some power issues when i go to full throttle, for 2 secs it will go to full power then bog out to about half the power. heres the thing when i goto play around with the manual choke while full throttling it runs better if that makes sense?...only under load when out of water idles fine and revs fine and is there a way i can run the engine under load without having to go to a boat ramp anyone have any suggestions?

the engine is 2 stroke btw and i run the fuel and oil mixtures according to directions, water pump has been replaced and replaced some gaskets dont know what the part is called but its where the exhuast comes out and the water passages that cool the cylinders, spark plugs are new aswell. cant seem to figure out the problem and is there a step by step i can follow without having to put a big hole in my wallet and make several trips to the boat ramp im abit of a noobie when it comes to boat motors. ive done some research and apparently this is a common problem

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 17
Heh an 85HP is a lot bigger than the 7 1/2HP in the pic;).Did you clean and blow the carbs through? 'Cause it sounds like a restriction in the fuel supply.Get a big bin fill it with water and drop the motor in with a good supply of water.When you put it in gear,it will spill the water out,don't rev it up as all you need is it in gear and idling,otherwise it could take off down the street.

Back