Logo

Fuel filter

tommy24a

I have. A 50hp 2 stroke year 2003. Does it matter where the fuel filter goes? As in before or after pump (mechanical) . Thanks!

After!

The vacuum developed by these wheezy pumps can cause fuel starvation. After battling with poor fuel pressure for years (with my little boat) I finally gave up and installed an electric pump system.

Jeff

PS: Many will disagree with the above, but they are running on borrowed time. One shot of crappy gas and that filter plugs, resulting in lean out that drills a piston.

Thanks jeff...i am having a hard time routing the hose after the pump
I got some fuel line to replace the old stuff...,it kinks making the hard bend out of the fuel pump up to the filter an then to the carbs. Can i make the output line longer to avoid the kink?

After!

The vacuum developed by these wheezy pumps can cause fuel starvation. After battling with poor fuel pressure for years (with my little boat) I finally gave up and installed an electric pump system.

Jeff

PS: Many will disagree with the above, but they are running on borrowed time. One shot of crappy gas and that filter plugs, resulting in lean out that drills a piston.

Sure. Some racers run their fuel line around the back of the block to make it less restrictive (no sharp corners).

Jeff

Back