Logo

Where to install water/fuel separator unit on sylvan/smokercraft expedition f/s

Chillywilly

Need to install water/fuel separator unit on sylvan fish'n ski. Looking to where others have installed it with easy access to service it. Thanks in advance.

Need to install water/fuel separator unit on sylvan fish'n ski. Looking to where others have installed it with easy access to service it. Thanks in advance.

Ayuh,..... It can be installed, pretty much Anywhere, 'tween the tank outlet, 'n the fuel pump,.....
Generally speakin', it's usually nearer the pump, than tank,....

Puttin' it where ya can get At it to change it, is priority #1 to Me,....

Thanks, maybe you can dispel or validate what I am being told; unit shouldn't be in direct sunlight, unit should not be in the same compartment that holds the starter batter, unit shouldn't be in the bilge as you need regular easy access to replace filter. Any pics to send where to install on a fish'n ski with o/b.

just remember you have to be able to get the filter removal tool under it to slide it up on the filter canister...i installed mine between the bulb and the motor in the splash well on the transom...i would never put it in any compartment...mine is exposed to direct sunlight and never worried about that..the boat is stored in a covered area though..

Back