Logo

79 Chrysler 45 runs rough

My 79 Chrysler 45 HP was running like a top. Then I didn't take it out for awhile and when I tried it the batt was dead. Then in trying to figure out the reason, like what drained the batt so quick?, I was checking the wiring and I accidently put Hot to ground and fried the ground wire between the solenoid ground and the wiring board. So I just pulled it out and replaced it with a new ground wire. The engine fired right up and ran ok but now it runs rough at low speed. I checked the wiring, checked the fuel filter, cleaned the carb, but nothing seems to help clear it up. My question is, could the fried ground wire somehow cause it? Or should I look elsewhere?:( mm

10B.jpg

In the carb.
The screw or bolt that holds the bowl on.
It might have a couple of holes in it.
Make sure that they are clear.
#28 is the main nozzle make sure the holes are clear they can get blocked.

Hey Jerry, thanks for the tip, but no, mine has only the small bolt, with no holes, that holds the bowl on. But I took the whole thing apart again and cleaned it out and blew it dry with the compressor. Every time I do this the boat seems to run a little better, and sometimes it feels almost right. But there's still a little miss that wasn't there a couple months ago. mm

Back