Logo

hoping to find a name on a part (trim tilt)

rescue1

hi everyone , i just bought a new harness pump assembly ( blue , green and black ground wire)that goes on the trim tilt motor the wires connects right on the soleniod and has the fuse connected in the red wire on it. My question is i need the name on the part that connects to it , it has three small little pronges on it and three wires one that routes all the way up to the controls to operate the trim tilt from drivers seat...the one i brougth is the correct one for the trim tilt , the one someone had on it wasnt the same , little bigger connection port and didnt have the fuse in on the red wire , that was routed to the circuit breaker instead of the link solenoid to solenoid . So any help is greatly needed . thanks inadvance

What kind of boat and what kind of motor? I don't quite understand what you are trying to do. Generally, when power is applied to the blue wire, the outboard motor (or I/O unit) goes up. If power is applied to the green wire the t/t motor reverses and the outboard motor goes down. So your tilt/trim rocker switch on your console will have three terminals - the power (red) is usually connected to the center post, the blue wire to the "up" post, and the green wire to the "down" post. The red wire needs to be properly fused.

On larger I/O's and larger outboards all this is accomplished through two relays - one for the up side and one for the down side. The relays are activated by a low current t/t switch on the console, and also, in many cases by a rocker switch on the side of the outboard motor.

hi thanks for the repley . Im i agree with what your says so far, i just replaced my trim motor , both solenoids , circuit breaker an dthe harness assembly which does have the blue wire for top and green wire for down and red wire with the fuse . However i cant find the proper name of the ( guess it also be called a harness that plugs into the harness assembly which on this one goes up to the switch area also has a short red wire on it that isnt connected to anything and a dark blue wire that is coming from it not sure where it goes. oh i have a 1983 ebbtide mercruiser 120 4 clinder also the trim tilt hydraulic motor is older style with metal reservoir oildyne pump. im looking to replace that part that plugs into the wireing harness that sits in between the two solenoids so i can norrow down why im not able to use the the trim tilt since after all this it still isnt working . i did use a jumper wire so i know the new motor is good im getting power off the battery to the link area but when i touch the pin light thing to the solenoids itself it doesnt light up , so right now not sure if its something up towards the controls or not i did change the two fuses coming off the ignition switch not sure if that helped or not so imma little stuck right now . thanks

I've never owned a MercCruiser so I suggest you post this question on the Mercruiser forum on this site. Go to the top of this thread and click on "Forum Home". There you will see a list of different brands of inboard and outboard engines. Go to the MercCruiser forum and, join that one, and post your question.

Back