Logo

DF50 Check engine beep - 3/1

justinoosa

Hi all, first post and looking for a little help. My DF 50 decided just the other day to start beeping just as I got back to the wharf. As I come down to idle it stopped and with the beeping continuing would only start with the choke up but when I would slow it down it stopped. After a bit of research with the 3-1 beep I think I may have a faulty IAC valve....just this sound right to anyone? I haven't had it off yet but I have heard it may be possible to 'clean' them since they are almost $300 new I understand.

As it is, it will start and idle when cold but if I take it for a run(it is behind a 21ft pontoon boat) and then stop but not long enough for it to cool right down, it will struggle to stay idling long enough to get into gear which causes drama when you are docking etc and needing to use forward and reverse. I have since also reset the beeping and it hasn't started again....does this mean it maybe something else other than the IAC.

I will probably end up taking to the shop as it is due it's annual check up but am keen to hear any thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Back