Logo

How do I align Tiller Grip Throttle with Control Linkage for 1983 9.9hp SeaKing by Chrysler

CigarXO

Folks, a newbie here - :confused:

BLUF: How/where can I find a set-up manual/instructions to re-install/adjust my grip throttle to the correct linkage/fuel control position?Motor uncovered (1024x577).jpg

I bought a '83 9.9hp Seaking with 14' Duracraft to refurb and have a fishing boat. http://youtu.be/B0b-S6A9NE8
The motor cranked 2d pull and ran in all gear & speeds before purchase although the seller cranked by manual/alternate pull cord on top claiming he thought original had been shortened. Turns out it was the well-known issue of detached recoil spring and I resecured, reassembled w/ spring tension and replaced pull cord.

Trying to crank, in "N" and "Start" with fuel,etc. - I wasn't achieving ignition. Frustrated, I started to diagnose by moving stuff - not realizing the motor/gearing was not designed to go into gear (Shift,Slow) or (R) when not running. I torqued/twisted too hard on the grip throttle to the "Slow" direction, broke the steering handle guide/retaining bearing (F487816) and misaligned my grip throttle indications from my actual engine linkage position.

I've disassembled grip throttle, rod, bearing (repaired til part on order arrives) and ready to reassemble. How do I align Grip throttle with correct linkage position, say "Start" with fuel control position?

Thanks!
CigarXO

Back