Logo

1985 Merc 75HP Two Stroke Stalls When Accelerating

secondwind

Starts fine when cold, idles ok but when throttle is opened in gear it runs fine for a few seconds then bogs down and sometimes just stalls. Fuel squeeze ball is hard as rock and does not seem to be sucking air. No visible fuel leaks, fresh gas, cleaned plugs but no better. Will run in gear but at very slow speed.

When the 2 low speed mixture screws are set too lean it will idle very nicely.------------But the crankcase needs a bit of extra fuel in order to accelerate.----So open those mixture screws a 1/4 turn and try again.

When the 2 low speed mixture screws are set too lean it will idle very nicely.------------But the crankcase needs a bit of extra fuel in order to accelerate.----So open those mixture screws a 1/4 turn and try again.

Ok, Thanks. What is the adjustment to reset the mixture screw? Also, would a bad fuel pump diaphragm be possible cause? I bought one years ago but never installed it but not sure if this could be the problem too. I thought if bad I would not have pressure in the fuel squeeze ball which in my case holds pressure.
Thanks

Back