Logo

Mariner/Yamaha No Start

consull

I have a Mariner Thirty which I believe is about 1991 and think its a Yamaha with a Mariner badge. The problem is a weak and intermitent spark (wont start) from the dual coil (Mitsubishi f6t421) I checked the voltage going into the power pack and its 210v cranking and coming out going to coil primary I get 130vdc this is with everything connected up (under load) so I think the power pack might be bad as I think output from power pack should be at least 210v.I connected a 10ohm resistor instead of coil but still get 130v. Using a dva for these tests. I checked resistance on coil and primary is fine at 0.1 ohms but secondary has me puzzled as it starts its reading at 1 Megaohm and keeps rising .After about one minute its gone up to 7 Megohms and I just disconnect it. I would be expecting about 4000 ohms and a steady reading here. Im using good fluke meters and have tried 2 of them and one analog but all the same.(The replacement power pack number is Mariner 84872T or Yamaha 117-689-21) Any help please.Thank you.

Regards
Con.

Back