Logo

Mid 80s mercury 25 hp lower unit replacement

bakenast

so im trying to find a replacement lower unit for my short shaft 25 hp 1986 "i think" motor,, i see alot of choices on ebay, can anyone tell me if there is other size or year of models that will fit this or does it have to be of the same year and hp? im haveing trouble finding one thanks for any help!

A lot depends on your location.----Some of the later motors used bigger bolts and dowel pins.----You need to compare motor serial #'s and be sure to get the right one.

A lot depends on your location.----Some of the later motors used bigger bolts and dowel pins.----You need to compare motor serial #'s and be sure to get the right one.

hi well i found this number on the lower unit #1665 8668-c1 and this serial number on the engine #0b214347 is there a cross reference page or something that will let me know what lower units are compatable with my motor? thanks

mercruiserpart.com------Take some time to look at various models / years / serial #'s to see what fits.----Look at the bolt part # that attaches the lower unit.

Back