Logo

Johson 1989 90hp fuel line placement after a vro has been removed.

Howdy all.

Newbie here. I own a 1979 mutiny with a 1989 Johnson 90hp with the vro injection system taken off. I have two manuals that A don't as how that version in their photos. I just the carbs rebuilt by a mechanic.

This mechanic can't figure out the fuel lines... Does anyone here have a few pictures of a 90 or similar setup? I'm ready to send this mechanic packing. The guy took my carbs off wit out even trying to flush them first. They'd been rebuilt less that a 1 & 1/2 ago. Let's just say my confidence level in him has dropped below what he's charging.

He's trying to find a drawing to see where they go. It's taken him over a week. I'm pretty sure I can do the same with a photo or two and no charge my self much.

Thanks in advance

Chazz

Makes a good case for taking pics before you take it apart eh. Did you change the pulse limiter to a straight nipple? You may be able to just drill it out to get a good pulse for the new pump. Mount the pump for the shoftest possible pulse line to the engine. The pump has three ports lightly blow on all three nipples the one that air comes out goes to the carbs and to the primer solenoid. You can make two tees work. the one you can blow through goes to the fuel tank and the other is the pulse nipple. then just hook the two primer nipples on the carb to the primer. Pump on the primer bulb on the fuel line you should hear the carbs fill with fuel. Hope this helps.

Hindsight is 20/20. Here's a revised version of what I a trying to convey & failed miserably. I bought the motor rebuilt with he VRO already removed and a fuel pump in it's place. My motor stopped idling after I ran some old as through it. I got my cans mixed up.

I had a mechanic take my carbs off and rebuild them. He took them off, rebuilt them, and reinstalled them. It sounds a lot better but still wont idle. He thinks it's the fuel lines and has been workin (not all that hard mind you) on this for over a week now. He says he's having trouble figuring out the lines. An can't find a good drawing.

If I can get some good color photos of each side I can fix it my self. I wont have to deal with his poor professionalism. Such as not returning calls for a week, not showing up when he says he will, etc. etc.

Chazz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jscb3HpF-4g

I found out what the problem is (I hope). The mechanic or inept mechanic if you will lost or forgot to reattach a line coming out of the solenoid. I have a photo I snagged from another forum. It shows I think anyway the line that is missing. But not where it goes. Here's a link to a video I made explaining what I'm trying to describe. Last but not least thank you for the tips.

Can you believe he told me the fuel leaking from the nipple was normal... Uuughhhh. Here's a photo that would help If the solenoid was blown up to where I could see the placement.

Attachments

• DSC02371.jpg
    DSC02371.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 147
Back