Logo

Priming a Volvo MD7A

pwilson

" I have a Volvo marine diesel

" I have a Volvo marine diesel (MD7A) that I'm having trouble priming. I have followed the procedure outlined in the factory brochure. However I have a fuel filter / water separator between the tank and the priming pump. I had to bleed off a little water that had accumulated and when I did air entered this filter. How do I bleed the air from this filter? Unless I get it out I figure I'll just keep pumping this air into the rest of the system with the priming pump. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Paul Wilson "

" First!! get rid of the water

" First!! get rid of the water and clean your tank,
Change the Fuel filter. Try to place the fuel water seperator below the tank (gravity feed will purge air) If not, then get a good out board tank type fuel primer bulb. If you use 5/16 fuel line use the Aquapower #3881. Then permantly install it before your fuel water seperator.
This will squeeze all the fuel you need "up" to your prinary fuel filter and on,
Ron "

Hello there wondering if you

Hello there wondering if you can help I have a volvo penta gearbox (forward/reverse gear)No 64324
ms off a volvo penta twin cylinder marine engine
have you any idea what the gear ratio is for this box.....much appreciated thankyou.

Hi: I have an MD7A on my Eric

Hi: I have an MD7A on my Ericson 29. At what rpm should I be running ?

Back