Logo

1989 evinrude 140 Primer bulb

A

Armstrong

I have a 1989 evinrude 140 pu

I have a 1989 evinrude 140 put water seperator on it went to lake ran good for most of day then wouldnt run over 2000 rpm. Primer bulb would not stay primed any help please.

" The normal function of the p

" The normal function of the primer bulb is such that it is only full and hard when you pump it up to prime the carburetors, etc. If it stays hard after that (engine running), something is jamming the output valve in the primer bulb. You insinuate, without saying so, that the engine ran fine before you installed the fuel/water separator. If that is so, does the primer bulb go flat when this problem occurs? And is this primer bulb located between the fuel/water separator and the engine or between the separator and the fuel supply? The posibility exists that your separator is doing the exact job it's designed for, and is now full of water, at which point a severe fuel restriction would exist. Give us a little more information.(Joe - 30+ years with OMC) "

" 1992 Evinrude 115 - Seems to

" 1992 Evinrude 115 - Seems to always expel too much gas & oil mixture into the water when I crank up. Also, when I tilt the engine to the up position, gas seems to leak out. It has a new fuel line & bulb. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what might be the cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated. "

Back