Logo

1975 bassmaster livewell help ? advice please

tnboatguy

I don't know the best way to update this live well without overflowing into bilge. If I can't get what I want I may cut the whole thing out and put in a round bait tank that I could move to new boat in future. Hopefully there are some old boat owners who can share their setup. This is a bass master 75 boat. Its like a bomber or bumblebee the live well is a square molded from bottom thru hull w/plugr the lid doubles as seat. This sets directly in front of console. The majority of the well is
under waterline but there is no drain other than plug. ???? what u think?

the drain hole should have a rubber grommet..there should be a piece of pvc cut to make a tight fit in the grommet...the pvc just pushes into the hole with the grommet...the pvc should be but to a length that will allow overflow to drain...when you pull your boat out of the water then just pull the pvc and allow the well to completely drain..when you launch the boat and do not want to use the live well just install the pvc before launching...this will prevent you from hauling a load of water around all day..

I will get pictures to help. There is only 1 hole going into or out of livewell which I thought to use for the thru hull pump. Currently any overflow would push the seat up and spill on the deck and drain into bilge

Back