Logo

Sportjet 90HP Inboard Mercury Issue: No Spark

Neoo

I have a 1994 inboard Sportjet 90hp Mercury engine. It ran all last year during the boating season. I then had it sit during winter inside a heated garage at approximately 50 degrees. I put new gas in the tank, hit the primer bulb and it was solid. I then replaced it thinking no gas was getting to engine. New primer got me gas, but this time it flooded out the carbs after it would not start. A friend of mine checked it out and found out there is no spark to any of the plugs (3). I checked all fuses that I could and no fuse was blown. I am wondering what issue persists if anyone has an idea and can help. It does sit and crank over and over, just drains the battery. Like I said it worked perfect until I parked it for the winter. I also put fuel gas additives to have the carbs and gas be ok for storage. Thanks for your help! :cool:

I recommend that you post this question on the Mercruiser Forum on this site. Go to the top of this page. On the left you will see "Forum Home." Click on that and select "Mercruiser"

Back