Logo

OMC Seadrive HELP

merk

" Two weeks i was fishing on t

" Two weeks i was fishing on the River,the boat was
running great.we were preparing to leave when it would not crank,or even raise the engine itself.
after getting it home i checked all the fuses i could find they all were ok,i tested them with a meter,a funny thing though my RPM gauge would move at first when i tried to crank the engine,as tho it were spinning,my batterys are up an charged
the boat is a 20 ft. Sportcraft 19/89 115 omc v4
now i cant even get the RPM gauge to move.or any fire to the engine or the electric Choke.
Baffled in VA Please HELP "

" Hi, I just purchased a 35hp

" Hi, I just purchased a 35hp evinrude mod#E33TELCTS I think and ser.# E0296495, the # plate is tough to make out. I too am wondering what year my motor is so as I can ask some questions. Any help would be great.

smk "

"Merk.... That sounds like you

"Merk.... That sounds like you have a faulty battery connection. Remove and clean thoroughly the battery terminals and all cable terminals that connect to them. Try to explain the problem a little more percisely.
----------------------

Scott.... According to the model number you've listed, that engine is a 1983 33hp Evinrude, but OMC did not make a 33hp in 1983. I assume that you have made a typo and the model number is actually E35TELCTS which would indicate that the engine is a 1983 35hp Evinrude.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

" Thanks JOE for your response

" Thanks JOE for your response,well when i turn the Key nothing happens,the ignition has an alarm or chirp when you power up err turn the key to on,but
i have know power to the engine.my lights work,on the dash bilge pump ect ect.but know power to the back at the engine.like i said it was running great then power loss.i have tried to jump it thru the starter it turns fast but the engine will not fire.i have checked the WIRE Harness Plugs an cleaned them a small amount oh grteen corrision but not bad at all.this boat is used exclusively in salt water.battery terminals are clean lots of wires dont know where to look really "

"Merk..... You may have two pr

"Merk..... You may have two problems. From what I gather, the engine will not crank over when you turn the key to the start position, and when you do get the engine to crank by jumping the starter solenoid, you have no ignition ?

If so (the no crank problem), I would have suspected that the main fuse had blown (in line with one of the smaller red wires leading from the starter solenoid), but if that fuse was blown, there would be no alarm horn chirp when the key is turned on.

This would lead me to believe that when you turn the key to the start position, either 12 volts is not being applied through the key switch to the "S" terminal on back of the ignition switch, or there is a break in somewhere in that wire between the ignition switch and the starter solenoid, or the starter solenoid is faulty. You can test the solenoid by using a small jumper between the battery side of the solenoid and the small solenoid 3/8" hex nut (not the ground wire).

No spark.... Remove the spark plugs. Rig up a spark tester so that you can test for the spark to jump a 7/16" gap. Disconnect the main RED electrical plug at the engine. Crank the engine by using that small jumper on the solenoid (battery side to 3/8" nut). If you now have spark, in all probability the ignition switch is faulty.

Joe
"

" merk try using a jumper cabl

" merk try using a jumper cable and connect it from your neg. battery terminal and ground it really good [connect the other end] to your starter if this thing starts up you have a bad ground from your battery to your engine I just had this problem with my 22' sportcraft with dual 115 omc v-4's I still have no tachs though and need to figure that out but I had all your symptoms and it was no ground to my port engine , josh "

" p.s. merk the body of your s

" p.s. merk the body of your starter connect the neg. jumper cable to that not the terninal going to your solenoid , josh "

" I have 115 hp evinrude 1985

" I have 115 hp evinrude 1985 the engine will not shut off with the key switch, replaced key switch and turn to off but motor keeps running.it sound like it just putters on 2 cyls
does the bl/yellow wire supposed to ground out the coils , could one of the coils be bad ?
any suggestions ???

thanks in advance
Ray "

Back