Logo

extra long test leads

i am looking for a set that will go from one end of a boat to the other...dont have to have both that long but even lengths would be better that one extreme one...a ten foot set would work...i think i am going to end up stacking or building my own because of price...

Above and beyond testing the wiring harness from the engine to the key switch, it is good practice to install a small, but heavy duty distribution bus near the battery(ies) that is powered by the "accessory" position on your selector switch. From this bus run #8 or #6 positive and negative wires (depending on the number and draw needed for power accessories to a similar bus behind the console. From the console bus, run power to your fused switch panel for all you accessories - VHF, GPS/MAP, fish finder, navigation lights, windless, etc, etc. In this manner, you will always have a power source at the console for testing and adding additional accessories.

every now and then i just would like to have some long test leads....thats what it boils down to...i know all the tricks about jumping and shorting etc...thank yall for your imput...i am a kinda tool nut so please forgive me...

Back