Logo

Newbie to forum needs assistance with identification?

geoff52

Hi to all,
Just bought a couple of outboards which i am looking to get operational, 1:E8BALCSS, 2:E15BALCSD, from what i can try to work out they are 7.5hp 1980, 15hp 1980, please correct me if i am wrong, firstly, i am looking to locate exploded parts list for the outboards, as there are definately some electrical missing, have a 3pin and 4pin plug on both units going nowhere, maybe to some sort of cdi/power pack, both outboards apart from this seem complete under the cover, the 7.5hp unit however does have damage to the transom bracket swivel housing (enormous crack) and the "whatever" on the end of the tiller arm is missing, just 2 wires on a piece of broken plastic dangling, structure wise and cosmetically they dont seen in bad nick, both engines have compression which is always a good sign, obviously exploded diagrams will help tremendously in working out exactly what is missing and what i need to obtain, my idea is to strip and rebuild completely both units, anyway, enough of my waffling for now, any assistance would be appreciated, regards, Geoff. (North east)

Exploded parts views can be found at ----shop.evinrude.com-------And also right on theis page, look for BIG RED LETTERS for the parts views.

Hi, thanks for the info, tried the one at top of the page, but when i put the model numbers in, it comes back saying not recognised, once i can confirm the year i will try again putting that information in first, regards, Geoff.

Back